6.20.2014

JB's June Writing Challenge: R is for ... Rooster

One of my Facebook friends suggested the topic for tonight's post, and I'm having more fun with these Google searches than I ever imagined I would. This one returned 13.7 million results ...

Rooster(s)
The first and most obvious rooster is an adult male chicken (did you know that a rooster less than a year old is called a cockerel?). By the way, the Wikipedia article on the rooster has more information than I would ever want to know about this particular bird. Not going any further with that one.

Check out some of these other interesting results:
I could go on, but I think you get the general idea.

Now for the last laugh (so to speak). The one image that pops into my head when I hear the word rooster? Foghorn Leghorn, of course. "That boy ... I say, that boy is about as sharp as a bowling ball." My all-time favorite rooster.

My plans for the weekend include a possible excursion to a local writers' organization meeting in the morning, laundry, writing, and a whole lot of reading. What about you?

Until tomorrow, read a book. It's good for you!

1 comment:

  1. Foghorn Leghorn was my favorite cartoon when I was young. I love and collect roosters. Thank you for choosing me.

    ReplyDelete