6.07.2014

JB's June Writing Challenge: F is for ... Fun

Fun
Two of my illustrious coworkers at the day job decided that my topic today should be "fun". I'm not sure this isn't too broad a subject for a 200-300 word essay, but it's a concept with which I hope we are all acquainted. We seem to be keeping to a theme here in the Brooks on Books Library: distractions = entertainment = fun ...

Tonight (obviously later than I had intended to write, due to varying tasks that required my attention today) I thought I'd just make a list of the random things that come to mind when I think of the word "fun". Of course it's not terribly creative, but let's just have fun with it, shall we?

Here are a few things that are my idea of fun:
  • a day at the park
  • camping
  • card games with the family
  • playing with the dogs
  • playing with the cats (because we have a cat that fetches and three dogs that don't)
  • girls' day out at the movies
  • a bike ride in the country
  • reading a good book (knew I'd have to slip that one in, didn't you?)
To make this a "serious" essay, I feel obligated to add that there may arguably be such a thing as having too much fun. Although if we're going to argue about it, I'm firmly on the side of, "Nope, there isn't."

So, what's your definition of fun? And can you have too much of it?

Off to my bedtime reading, and hoping my dreams aren't punctuated with thoughts of "G" topics ...

Until tomorrow ... you know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment