10.30.2010

A Month of Madness

November is National Novel Writing Month - affectionately referred to as NaNoWriMo. I did NaNoWriMo a few years back and came up with what is actually now (after many, many revisions) the manuscript currently on submission, No Evil Lost.

This year, I'm going to do NaNoWriMo again. The concept is simple - write 50,000 words in 30 days. No editing. No polishing. Just flat-out frenetic writing. Get words on page.

I'll try to put my word count up every couple of days just so you can keep track of my progress. You'll be my accountability partners - knowing I have to report in will motivate me to keep going. Keep in mind, the day job monopolizes my Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so I won't be writing much (if at all) on those days. But Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays - count on the numbers going up, up, up.

And feel free to wish me luck. Me and the other 100,000+ writers who are about to settle in for a month of crazy.

Are you a WriMo?

No comments:

Post a Comment