6.20.2008

On the Bookshelf

Hello again! I've decided all I'm going to do here is talk about the books I'm reading - perhaps introducing you to some authors you don't know, or reacquainting you with those you love. I have the very great fortune to have met a number of really terrific people in this business over the past few years, and they've provided me with many, many hours of reading pleasure. A good writer reads a lot - Stephen King, in his fabulous book On Writing, talks about how important that is to our profession - read a lot and write a lot. Couldn't have said it better myself. So I'll let you know what I'm reading, if you'll do the same for me - feel free to post a comment and let me know what's on your nightstand or bookshelf or TBR (to be read) pile ... and happy reading!


Julia was kind enough to send me a copy of her latest Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne mystery, I Shall Not Want, and I stayed up way too late last night finishing it. I love this series - there is so much intensity to her characters and their relationship, and in reading their story you don't lose the mystery at all - and they're so full of twists and turns you can't help but shake your head in awe. This lovely woman is a truly gifted writer.

If you haven't read this series, you need to - here's the list from Amazon:

Julia Spencer-Fleming: Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne mysteries

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment